Microsoft SharePoint 2013 in K-12
Collaboration, Document Management, Search, Business Intelligence
Microsoft SharePoint 2013 can effectively be utilized for improving Educational outcomes and goals. It has specifically been designed to enhance collaboration &improve teamwork. A tight integration between SharePoint and Microsoft Office serves K-12 Schools very well with:
- Minimizing Administrative expenses
- Achieving Less Printing and more Sharing
- Faster access to the Documents, Audio & Video content with Authorized access, enhanced Search capabilities and Version control
- Enabling students, parents and teachers to collaborate smoothly and securely
- Complying with Federal, State and local requirements with improved information rights management, governance, audit trails, and secure data access
- Electronic Forms and Workflow creation
- Reporting and Analysis by implementing role based Dashboards
- Accessing information from any Mobile device in any of the browsers
Another advantage in moving collaboration and document management over to SharePoint is low cost of ownership. With little training, schools can make changes and enhancements themselves as and when there is a demand for a change or adjustments in processes.
RaaWee’s team of experienced and certified SharePoint consultants and experts can assist K-12 Schools in understanding how best they can leverage and plan to implement this powerful collaboration platform without having to commit huge implementation costs. Much of the work is defined at the Planning stage, where we analyze and identify the features that can be implemented by utilizing out-of-the-Box functions of SharePoint. A phased implementation approach is encouraged. This reduces the investments in terms of time and cost considerably, while giving the School District time to review and make adjustments in their implementation goals and plans.
RaaWee SharePoint Services For K-12
RaaWee provides SharePoint consulting services with a goal-oriented mindset. Our team of consultants understand the fact that Technology is just a means to accomplish a business goal. We consider our services as a set of tools available to us and to our customers to meet their business objectives. We employ from the following set of tools to meet the goals and objectives of our customers:
- Migration& Integration
- Setup & Configuration
- Branding & Design
- Rescue &Support
Select examples of RaaWee SharePoint team’s experience:
- We are helping the Chip Manufacturer's IT team with overcoming SharePoint 2013 technical challenges and how to best utilize SharePoint 2013's new features. In addition to that RaaWee is also responsible for successfully executing the migration plan and meet the prescribed timelines for the launch. This global development effort is in progress under RaaWee's supervision and project management.
- For Denton ISD, we implemented Truancy Documentation System on SharePoint. This documentation intensive department needed software that improves their coordination capabilities amongst Parents, Campus and Truancy Office. Complete Truancy documentation is now going to be maintained on SharePoint for Denton ISD. The software will help them to encourage the child to remain in school, maintain passing grades and to excel in their education.
- For HEB ISD, we developed a Web portal using SharePoint 2010. This portal is being used as a collaboration tool and a documents management system for various departments ranging from Human Resource to Technology to Special Ed. A powerful search engine development was also part of this project, which helps HEB to search for any document in the repository either through a keyword or any metadata. Additionally, we also implemented a Room Reservation system based on SharePoint for HEB. These days RaaWee is helping HEB ISD to migrate this system from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013.
- For one of the leading healthcare provider based in New Jersey, RaaWee team assisted in developing Sync Portal, which is a SharePoint based intranet portal. This portal gives the users of this company the facility to collaborate and share their documents securely amongst each other. It has a customized framework that includes development of Site Definitions, List Definitions, Content Types, Field Controls, Web Parts, Custom Page Layouts, Master Pages and Event Handlers. This portal is also integrated with News Gator for implementing social networking and RSS Feeds management. Portal integrated with Nintex workflows for approving published articles and other forms related transactions. This portal was upgraded from MOSS 2007 version of SharePoint to SharePoint server version 2010 with completed content and consolidated artifacts and deliverables.
- For Legal Aid Society of New York, we designed and architected a robust document management system using SharePoint. Legal Aid Society has 1500 plus users for this system with varied security privileges. SharePoint is now used as their primary platform for publishing new content and its management. The system replaced shared network drives that had high maintenance costs associated to it. Much of the system was developed using Out-of-the-box SharePoint features. Master Pages, Page Layouts etc. were branded as per their theme. Additionally, RaaWee team provided SharePoint Training to Legal Aid users, which enabled them to maintain the system internally.
- For a global pharmaceutical company, RaaWee team members developed IMaX (Improve Manager Experience) Portal using SharePoint Server 2010. This portal has a feature to integrate with SAP by using newly introduced product of DUET. This portal provides a good look and feel for Htr Portal of SAP. It contains web parts to connect SAP via BCS Model. Created a complete generic component to communicate with all different Models of DUET SAP. Integrated SAP Universal Workflow List, which contains all tasks pending for Managers on which they are supposed to perform actions regarding Approval, Rejection, and sending back to manager for clarification. Implemented user accessibility security for making sure no one else except manager can work on those forms.
- Clinical Cloud for a Clinical Research Product Development firm. This application caters to the complete clinical trial process of medicine/drugs/injections/diagnostics/therapy etc. It uses SharePoint workflow for the processes and functions pertaining to a clinical study. The processes and results generate hundreds of different documents that are saved and maintained in SharePoint.